WHAT SHOULD I DO TO BECOME A MEMBER OF EYP-UKRAINE?
If you want to become an official member of EYP Ukraine in 2021, you have several options:
1. Participate in the event of EYP Ukraine (EYP session, General Assembly, EYP Forum) and become a member after it. You can do it in person during the session or through the application form on the website (it will be opened for two weeks after the event).
In order to become an official member at the session you should make several steps:
1. Fill in application form. Take into account that in order to become an official member, you need to attend at least one EYP event in Ukraine or abroad (EYP Session, General Assembly, Understanding Europe courses etc.). *
2. Pass the interview with the member of Human Resources Department.
3. If your application form and interview is successful, you will need to sign the affirmation and pay membership fee(100 UAH, for one calendar year).
*If you do not have EYP experience yet, follow the calls to our events on the website, Facebook and InstagramParticipate in one of the events and apply for official membership.
For any additional questions, contact Human Resources Department via mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT LANGUAGES SHOULD I KNOW TO JOIN EYP?
EYP-Ukraine has two official languages – Ukrainian and English. However, the working languages of EYP on the international level are English. Knowing it will give you an advantage, however French is not obligatory.
ARE EYP OR EYP-UKRAINE RELIGIOUS OR POLITICAL ORGANISATIONS?
The EYP stands for European Youth Parliament, a pan-European educational platform for debate, intercultural encounters, educational work and the exchange of ideas among young people in Europe.
EYP-Ukraine stands for International Youth Non-Governmental Organisation “European Youth Parliament – Ukraine”, a National Committee of EYP in Ukraine. Both have nothing to do with religious movements or political parties.
WHEN AND HOW CAN I GO TO THE SESSION?
In the case you want to apply for Ukranian session (National Selection, Regional Session or Forum) you can submit an online-application. You can find it on our social media pages (Facebook and Instagram).
If you choose a regional session or other regional EYP event abroad, fill in the application form and submit it to the Board Member on International Coordination of EYP-Ukraine (at email@example.com) who is responsible for Ukrainian delegations. The delegations to the International Sessions are selected during the National Selection Conference (National session).
IS IT NECESSARY TO TAKE PART IN ALL SESSIONS/CONFERENCES?
No, it is not. Choosing the session to go to is your right.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST TO TAKE PART IN THE INTERNATIONAL SESSION/ CONFERENCE AND WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THIS PRICE?
Taking part in the session as a delegate, you need to cover your travel costs and participation fee. Usually the participation fee doesn’t exceed 50 euros (for sessions abroad) and it covers accommodation, food, transportation costs during the session and evening program. Participation fee at the sessions held in Ukraine does not exceed 200 UAH.
HOW MANY EYP SESSIONS/CONFERENCES ARE HELD PER YEAR?
All in all more than 100 events are organised every year. Each of 39 National Committees conducts at least one National Selection Session and one Regional Session/Forum per year. In addition 3 International Sessions are usually held during the year – in spring, summer and autumn.
HOW MANY SESSIONS ABROAD MAY I ATTEND?
As many as you wish (and can). All you need is to be selected, notify Vice-President on International Activities, and arrange the travel and visa issue (if needed).
HOW LONG DOES A SESSION LAST?
It depends on the type of the session. National Session (or National Selection Conference) lasts for 5 days. Regional Session/Forum lasts 3 days. International Sessions last for 10 days.
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN INTERNATIONAL SESSION AND INTERNATIONAL FORUM?
The major differences are in duration, number of participants and the procedure of their selection. International session is supported and organised along with EYP International Office while International Forum is the initiative of a National Committee. In general, International Forum is much alike with the Regional Session, only longer and may have more participants.
IS IT A PRIVILEGE TO PARTICIPATE IN INTERNATIONAL SESSION?
Yes, it is. International Session gathers delegations selected by experienced Jury Members and recommended by Chairpersons (moderators) during National Selection Sessions all over Europe. Individual applications are not accepted.
WHAT SHOULD I DO TO GO TO THE ONE OF INTERNATIONAL SESSIONS?
First of all you have to become a member of EYP-Ukraine, than attend National Selection Session as a delegate and in case you are selected, go to the International Session as EYP-Ukraine representative.
For pupils and students
What do I gain by becoming an official member of EYP–Ukraine?
- New status. You become an official representative of one of the most respected international youth NGO in Ukraine. You have an opportunity to present EYP UA in your university/school, your city or even region (after an interview with Board Member);
- Personification. You get a new plastic membership card with your personal number;
- Recognition abroad. You can travel to International Sessions/ Forums and when you are selected we’ll provide you an official letters of support to the embassies (in order to facilitate your visa process)
- Creation of a new EYP-UA history. You have a unique opportunity to vote and be voted for in the Board Elections and (with your personal number)
- Access to new information.. Stay turned and get interesting information via EYP-UA members mailing group (“Calls” - opportunities about EYP-events abroad, ”EYPigeon” – official EYP-UA newspaper, “Opportunity newsletter” – monthly research about non-EYP projects that you can participate in). You will be receiving updates and news regarding EYP–Ukraine and EYP as a whole.
- Personal development. Join one of EYP-UA departments, get responsible tasks and grow professionally.
- Unique opportunities. Discounts for different courses and trainings.
How to become an official member of EYP Ukraine?
If you want to become an official member of EYP Ukraine in 2021, you have to: 1. Participate in the event of EYP Ukraine (EYP session, General Assembly, EYP Forum) and become a member after it. You can do it in person during the session or through the application form on the website (it will be opened for two weeks after the event).
In order to become an official member at the session you should conduct several steps:
1. Fill in the application form and sign the affirmation.
2. Pay membership fee - 100 UAH (membership fee is an annual fee and it is valid only for a calendar year). Person from Human Resources department will assist you with the procedure during the session or online.
If you have been an official members before, you are eligible to renew your membership(the payment in this case is 50 UAH). In order to do this, you should send the letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating your name and year of involvement.
Should you have any questions about membership procedure, feel free to contact HR department via email@example.com
The European Youth Parliament is possibly the most unique non-formal educational project your students can experience. The academic, political, social and emotional implications are guaranteed to enhance their education and personal maturation to a very gratifying extent. They benefit, your school benefits, their family, their peers, their teachers…
Your role as a teacher
Teachers play a vital role in supporting their students before, during and after EYP Sessions. During a national selection process in your country, your students will participate in a nation-wide competition to participate in the International Sessions of the EYP. Besides organisational matters, this can include topic organisation and preparation as well as coaching on public speaking, voice projection and personal presence.
EYP Sessions both on the national and international level also include a tailored programme for teachers. This usually includes thematic workshops, networking between teachers and a sightseeing programme.
During sessions, students communicate exclusively in the official languages of the EYP and therefore get an opportunity to put their language skills into practice both in academic discussions and social situations. The same applies to political knowledge and debating skills, which are both fostered within EYP. For all these reasons, many teachers value EYP as a unique opportunity for learning and self-development for young students.
What do I gain by joining EYP-Ukraine as a teacher?
- Opportunity to attend trainings held by EYPers;
- Attend official events of EYP-Ukraine;
- Chance to go abroad for the International Sessions to accompany a delegation.
How do I join EYP-Ukraine as a teacher?
In order to join us, please write a letter to Board Member on Human Resources (firstname.lastname@example.org) including the name of your school, your position and your contact information.